Good project:
I've been looking for a good practical project for a while, something that would help me learn all the things I am trying to learn, and something I would also use. My idea: I've been working with a wiki at work all day and the one thing that bugs me is that rearranging contents is a little bit of a pain- it's just cutting and pasting in a free text field. But what if there was some kind of javascript control over the div's in the page, so I could drag and drop div's in different locations, with out clicking Edit, and cutting and pasting. There would have to be some state management, so some Save button that wrote out the current xy coordinates for all the div's into a text file. And if you click on the div itself, maybe it could become editable? Flickr does this with the comments for a picture. It's quite an impressive UI trick, I'll have to see how they do it. And not only does it become editable, but the div shows the modified state without refreshing the page (I think Netflix does this as well with the DVD rating system).
UI tweaks: have the div background color change when the user mouses over, so the extent of the div is apparent.



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home